Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs-Nursing
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Works under the supervision of Manager of Rehabilitation Services. Responsible for planning and implementing administrative and operational activities for Nursing at NHRMC Rehabilitation Hospital. As a licensed rehabilitation clinician is responsible for using the rehabilitation process to effectively manage the Plan of Care for each patient based on appropriate evidence based practice, rehabilitation standards, policies, and procedures. Facilitate and Support LEAN principles and actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients and coworkers. As a member of the Rehabilitation Services management team is responsible for leadership in all aspects of Service and Operational Excellence.
1. Performs human resource management functions including interviewing, orientation, rounding, coaching, counseling, quarterly conversations, and performance appraisals.
2. Performs staff scheduling and ensures accuracy of time/attendance records.
3. Utilizes all aspects of the nursing rehabilitation process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation) to manage and document an appropriate, effective plan of care that promotes optimal outcomes.
4. Serves as a resource for clinical, regulatory, and administrative issues.
5. Performs audits, tracers, rounding, and other similar functions to ensure standards are met or exceeded and performs any necessary follow-up, coaching, or counseling.
6. Promotes professional standards through participation and/or leadership in education, training, committees, workgroups, and departmental quality enhancement efforts.
* Registered Nurse
* Cert Rehabilitation Nurse
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: Minimum 2 years of clinical experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.