NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Coastal Pulmonary Medicine
Department: Coastal Pulmonary Medicine
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Physician Assistant (PA) is responsible for coordinating the planning, implementation, and on-going monitoring and evaluation of patients, under the supervision of the Practice Director and in collaboration with team members. The PA participates in opportunities to improve the quality of care provided to patients across the continuum of care, through daily activities. The PA utilizes evidence based standards of care to ensure timely, appropriate and cost effective care in accordance with the mission, vision, and values of NHRMC.
1. Coordinates and monitors the care of the patient across the continuum of care.
2. Collaborates daily with members of the health care team to improve health care delivery, quality and efficiency through performance improvement.
3. Plans, develops, implements, and utilizes evidence based clinical management guidelines to maximize the health potential of the individual.
4. Assesses health status of patients by obtaining a relative health history and comprehensive physical exam, preventative screening, and identification of medical risk factors; and documents in the medical record per hospital standards.
5. Formulates appropriate differential diagnosis, and monitors daily progress of assigned patients.
6. Identifies barriers to discharge and advancement through the care continuum and collaborates with the health care team to resolve.
7. Provides follow-up care to discharged trauma patients in the outpatient surgical clinic.
8. Analyzes variance and utilization data and communicates findings to the Practice Director or staff on a daily basis.
9. Functions as a resource for the clinical practice of nurses and residents, and provides formal education for the staff at NHRMC.
10. Participates in the development and implementation of health care provider and injury prevention education in the community.
11. Provides and documents patient and family inpatient and discharge teaching, and post-discharge follow-up phone calls.
12. Collaborates with Hanover Gastroenterology staff to analyze patient data to identify trends, and establish action plans to address identified issues. Assists with the collection of data for the quality and registry purposes.
13. Participates in research conducted by and through the Hanover Gastroenterology department in selection, design, analysis, data collection, and distribution of findings and feedback.
* Physician Assistant
* Nurse Practitioner
* Masters Degree
1. Education: Master’s degree from an accredited graduate school. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant program.
2. Licensure / Certifications: License to practice from the NC Board of Medical Examiners as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant at NHRMC, with credentials from NHRMC. BCLS and ACLS required, ACTN or ATLS and ENPC or PALS preferred.
3. Experience: Clinical experience required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!