NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Surgical Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Surgical System Specialist. Obtains information from surgeons’ offices and schedules surgical/endoscopy cases using computerized scheduling system.
1. Accurately schedules surgical cases using an electronic scheduling system. Includes cases for 17th Street OR, ASU, CFOR, Endoscopy, and CVOR (includes over 250 surgeons and 1750 procedures). Records all necessary documentation.
2. Schedules pre-admission testing appointments for Cape Fear and the Medical Mall
3. Attaches all necessary equipment needed for surgical cases (200 unique equipment pools).
4. Checks all conflicts on resources - equipment and practitioners.
5. Communicates to appropriate manager/coordinator special equipment/implants that may need to be reviewed (in addition to potential conflicts/issues).
6. Assures all policies and procedures concerning block scheduling/emergency posting are adhered to (including restricting surgeons who are delinquent on chart reviews).
7. Prints/ faxes schedules as needed or assigned.
8. Prepares magnetic strips for following day’s schedule.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Previous OR experience preferred. One year minimum clerical or secretarial experience in a health care setting. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!