NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Centralized Nursing Resources
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Provides operational and daily clerical and data support across multiple Nursing Units to assist in achieving and maximizing unit efficiency. Daily operations may include scheduling, payroll, timekeeping, and basic office procedures. Works to plan, strategize and coordinate health services across units. Assists with operational effectiveness and works to reach staffing, financial and productivity goals.
Staffing, Scheduling, and Payroll: Assist management with staffing resources to meet daily unit needs when required. Enter Schedule Updates into Active Staffer, and maintain data base for employees by recording issues related to time, attendance, PTO, FMLA and other time and occurrence-related information. Complete all payroll data entry in My Time and follow up on all payroll issues for assigned areas. Assist with maintenance of employee departmental files and records according to departmental/regulatory agency requirements. Coordinate and schedules interviews and meeting appointments for management. Gathers and prepares data to present on reports for presentation and distribution. Business Operations: Support of FTE analysis and drive Position Management to fill positions. Payroll monitoring to review any outliers with overtime, special pays, bonuses, etc. Review Productivity reports and investigate opportunities. Monitor Budget Variances and Track lost charges. Tracks and prepares documents for License annual verification, Education tracking, and employee annual performance evaluations for Managers. Pulls and helps review employee and patient satisfaction data from NRC Picker with the manager and highlights trends and areas of potential concern. Meet regularly (at least weekly) with Managers to discuss current operations and have a plan for the unit to follow to meet goals and metrics. Sort, process, distribute and file incoming mail and correspondence. Provides clerical support to department leaders. Also provides backup support to other Clerical Support team members. Maintains and orders supplies for the department through contracted vendor/supplier. Prepares IT, Engineering, and altering requests. Also prepares purchase orders, voucher payment requests, etc. Prepare agendas and schedules meeting rooms via Outlook for classes and meetings. Maintains calendars for managers and/or director. Professional and Customer Interaction: Collaborate with other team members in performing work. Provide timely and accurate information to management. Maintain confidentiality. Accepts change in a positive manner and implements change with positive results. Research and responds to questions and inquiries as requested. Communicate effectively to staff with regard to payroll adjustment issues. Demonstrates positive guest relations toward all customers. Complies with and supports department and organization policies and procedures. All other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree or 3 years’ experience in multi-tasking environment with administrative task and business operations emphasis; prior healthcare experience preferred. 2. Licensure / Certifications: None 3. Experience: Demonstrates proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet skills, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications. Need to understand hospital economics, labor relations, and financial reporting. Due to the intense paperwork and staff interaction, it is important to have strong verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to work well with a variety of professionals, as well as able to work independently with minimal direct supervision. Analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail required. Strong computer skills necessary. Must be able to secure and maintain private and confidential information.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!