NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Jack Barto Center for Fitness
Department: Fitness Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 10HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 7P-7A
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The EFC Night Attendant is responsible for ensuring the Employee Fitness Center is safe, secure and operating appropriately during non-peak hours. The EFC Night Attendant will assist members in a variety of ways including providing a wide variety of information and excellent customer service through health assessments and equipment / workout assignment, matching member needs with appropriate staff and scheduling appointments, processing POS transactions, actively monitoring Employee Fitness Center and members to ensure safety. The EFC Night Attendant also assists in cleaning the facility and equipment.
1. Operates and maintains the Employee Fitness Center Service Desk.
2. Maintains close attention to member needs and satisfaction: greets them by name, answers questions and provides appropriate information about services, schedules, staff, etc.
3. Assists with scheduling appointments for members with Employee Fitness Center staff, as necessary.
4. Conducts all POS transactions at the Service Desk including drinks, healthy packaged snacks and specialty classes.
5. Ensures service desk is constantly stocked with drinks, snack items, towels and other miscellaneous fitness items.
6. Actively monitors Employee Fitness Center members and equipment to ensure safety. Takes corrective action as necessary.
7. Reviews Employee Fitness Center’s policies, procedures and guidelines with new and existing members.
8. Provides member orientation on proper use of fitness equipment, as instructed by EFC Manager.
9. Instructs and coaches members on proper exercise techniques using equipment and industry standards. Assists members in implementing a workout program and offers guidance to improve / maximize workouts.
10. Advises Employee Fitness Center Manager of any members with incidental and ongoing medical conditions which may require special considerations or training for their follow up.
11. Maintains a high level of cleanliness and facility order. Each assigned shift and during low EFC usage, checks equipment to ensure proper maintenance and safe operation, wipes down equipment, vacuums floors, performs light cleaning and stocking in locker/ bathrooms.
12. Reports occurrences and / or incidences to EFC Manager in accordance with EFC policies and procedures.
13. Helps design and implement programs to continually encourage member participation and improved health / fitness. Actively participates in monthly Employee Fitness Center staff meetings.
* Post Secondary-2 Yrs College
Experience: 1 year of customer service necessary. Experience with physical fitness assessments and exercise instruction a plus. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!