NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.800000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Certified Nurse Midwife is responsible for the assessment, plan, implementation and evaluation of nurse midwifery care delivered to gynecologic, antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum patients, and limited primary care. As part of a mulit-faceted nurse midwifery service, job includes office and on-call coverage for private group practice, responsibility for contract with health department prenatal and family planning clinics as needed, and working with OB Residency training program. CNM attends low-risk births at NHRMC
1. Provides direct clinical services and management of patient care for gynecologic, antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum women according to practice guidelines and ACNM standards of care.2. Collaborates and consults with physicians or other health care providers as necessary.3. Utilizes current research and evidenced-based decision making in clinical practice.4. Practices within midwifery model of care.5. Shares responsibility of covering contracted health department prenatal care and family planning clinics as needed.6. Works as part of OB Resident team and oversees OB and Family Medicine resident interns.7. Excellent communication skills with clients, nurse midwife coworkers, office and hospital staff and physicians. Ability to work well within a team.
* Registered Nurse
* Cert Nurse Midwife
Education – Graduate with a Masters in Nursing from an accredited ACME Midwifery programLicensure/Certification: CNM should have National Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board. Certified Nurse Midwife license and Registered Nurse license to practice with the NC Board of Nursing. Will need approval to practice by the Medical Staff Office of NHRMCExperience – At least one year previous experience is required in full-scope midwifery.Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!