GS Inventory Distribution Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 8568
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Auxiliary Department
Full Time Equivalent: full-time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Gift Shop Manager. Is responsible to coordinate all stockroom and inventory functions. The inventory coordinator supervises the receiving, quality control, pricing, and merchandise distribution to all three Gift Shop locations. This person presents data to buyer and manager on sales trends to guide them in future purchases. All invoices digitized and processed in a timely manner to the Auxiliary accountant making sure all trade discounts are used. The coordinator is solely responsible for the input of all data to computer inventory system and its accuracy and is responsible for the coordination and oversight of semi-annual inventory
1. Must use Gift Shop POS software system to check all new merchandise into inventory and price according to buyer's marketing plan and chosen price points. Coordinator oversees the distribution of all inventory to CF Gift Garden, NH Gift Cottage and W&C Gift Harbor as appropriate.
2. Utilizes computer skills to research best prices, shipping and quality in order to maximize profit in the gift shops. Recommends new vendors with best pricing to buyer and manager.
3. Responsible to independently order items with high volume sales. Responsible to ensure just-on-time inventory for rapid turn-over items.
4. It is required that updated knowledge of the technology in the computer system is maintained so the Coordinator can serve as primary troubleshooter for computer and cash register problems and issues. This position also requires that a working relationship be maintained with the software system’s corporate office and NHRMC IS for service support.
5. Responsible for training all staff and volunteers on the POS computer system, report writing, and inventory control. Responsible for digitizing all invoicing and other sales documents.
6. Responsible for tracking sales and making recommendations to manager and buyer on future purchases. By presenting sales data, the Inventory Coordinator provides valuable insight for merchandise purchasing.
7. Responsible for the organization of the stockroom so it is maintained in an efficient and clean manner and compliant with hospital guidelines. Maintains stockroom so inventory can be accessed efficiently.
5. Assist with setting up all special sales events to include the testing and set up of the fundraiser laptop.
6. Manage all Site-Maker access for the Gift Shops and is responsible for all web page maintenance.
7. Responsible to coordinate all inventories. This includes: pretest the scanners, train all staff and volunteers on utilization of computer hardware and software. Oversee all staff during the inventory process, .
8. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of NHRMC on a daily basis.
10. Performs other related duties as required.
General Education Degree
1. Education: high school
2. Licensure/Certifications: none
3. Experience: Minimum two years experience in retail, receiving or distribution required.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!