NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG-16th St Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN ROTATE - PRN-Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, the Medical Technologist performs laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease.
1. Follows established procedures for collecting and processing biological specimens for analysis.
2. Conducts chemical analysis of body fluids such as blood, and urine, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
3. Study blood cells, their numbers, morphology.
4. Analyze test results and enter findings in computer.
5. Performs quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
6. Perform routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
7. Verify instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and document data.
8. Assists the supervisor in the training of new employees.
9. Utilizes the electronic medical records and laboratory computer systems in performance of daily tasks.
10. Records any repairs, replacement and maintenance of needed equipment on appropriate logs.
* Medical Technologist
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: 1 year training in an accredited medical technology program or 3 years experience in a laboratory under the direction of a board certified pathologist. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!