Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Cardiac Rehabilitation
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.600000
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shifts between 7:00am-3:00pm
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Works under the supervision of the Manage, utilizing evidence based techniques as a foundation for rehabilitative patient care. Coordinates a Social Work plan of care for the individual rehabilitation patient to promote optimal outcomes (clinical, safety, functional, financial, satisfaction). Provides individual or group counseling. Takes a leadership role in communication and collaboration with the patient, family, physician, and interdisciplinary team. Works with Case Manager to coordinate transition/discharge. Interventions are outcomes focused and consistent with best practice and policies. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Supports LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients, and coworkers.
1. Demonstrates professional skill and competence by utilizing all aspects of best practice in the Social Work process in providing counseling and promoting patient and caregiver adjustment to changes in functional abilities.
2. Adheres to NHRMC policies/procedures and standards established by CMS, Joint Commission, CARF, licensure, and/or other regulatory agencies.
3. Collects and accurately documents required clinical information, including Functional Independence Measures (FIM) or other standardized outcomes measures.
4. Demonstrates accountability by participating in education, training, LEAN and quality improvement efforts, councils/workgroups, and/or advocacy efforts.
5. Applies sound judgment in managing assignments, problem-solving, delegating, communicating, and triage of patient care and non-patient care duties. Requires minimal to no oversight to complete responsibilities in timely and thorough manner.
6. Serves as a resource for patients, their caregivers, and the interdisciplinary team.
* Licensed Clinical Social Worker
* Masters of Social Worker
Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience in a health care setting preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.