NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Intensive Cardiac Rehab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.600000
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Registered Dietitian (RD) is responsible for implementing the Nutrition element of the program
intervention. Oversees food service and monitors the nutritional adequacy of each participant. Actively participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan to ensure the quality and clinical effectiveness of the Program, and the safety of each participant.
1. Assists the program manager with efforts to actively promote the program to prospective participants and health care professionals as needed.
2. Provides nutrition education, counseling, and coaching to participants about the implementation of the program’s nutrition guidelines.
3. Delivers nutrition lectures/sessions and cooking demos/classes according to program guidelines.
4. Conducts a nutritional assessment for nutritional adequacy on each participant.
5. Collaboratively sets goals with participants in order to achieve adherence to program guidelines.
6. Provides nutrition consultation with participants on an as needed basis during the 72-hour program.
7. Reviews and assesses data collected from nutrition surveys.
8. Assesses reports and documents participant adherence to nutrition guidelines.
9. Documents the participant’s response to education, counseling and coaching.
10. Identifies participants with food allergies and collaborates with foodservice in order to provide safe and appropriate meal planning.
11. Identifies and counsels participants who may need therapeutic adjustments to the eating plan.
12. Promotes optimal nutrition adherence by being available to the participants during all meal sessions in order to answer questions and provide support.
13. Attends and participates in weekly team meetings/case conferences.
14. Participates in the development of the interdisciplinary treatment plan for each participant.
15. Participates in the monitoring, documentation, and communication of the participant’s response to the interdisciplinary treatment plan throughout the Program intervention.
16. Personally models the program by embodying its principles, philosophy and practices.
17. Facilitates a high level of participant satisfaction.
18. Complies with HIPAA privacy and patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
19. Attends and participates in mandatory monthly element specialist calls hosted by the Ornish National Training Center.
20. Provides educational in-services as necessary.
21. Serves as the nutrition expert in educating the chef/food service staff.
22. Updates the food service provider on new products.
23. Supervises and collaborates with the chef/food service staff (or outside vendor) to provide the Ornish menu cycle and ensures it meets the Ornish standards for presentation, palatability, and nutritional adequacy (including regular meal sessions, potlucks, cooking classes, and cooking demonstrations).
24. Evaluates food service and food quality.
25. Develops relationships with and maintains list of local community resources.
26. Plans and coordinates meal plan and menu for special events.
27. Provides support to Ornish Alumni Community as needed.
* Registered Dietitian
* Licensed Dietician/Nutritionis
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: Registered Dietitian (General): One-year experience as a clinical dietitian in an acute care setting preferred.
Registered Dietitian (Outpatient Cancer Center): Preferred ≥ 2 years’ experience in area of practice. Solid knowledge of clinical nutrition with emphasis on nutrition needs of cancer patients. Excellent counseling skills and the ability to relate to a multi-ethnic community and varied learning levels
Registered Dietitian (Outpatient Pediatrics): ≥ 3 years’ experience in pediatric nutrition practice (Required). Experience and strong working knowledge of current medical nutrition therapy for pediatric conditions. This may include but is not limited to TPN, infant and enteral formulas, understanding of insulin management, GI disorders, diabetes, renal, pulmonary and weight management /growth concerns for children ages birth to 18 year of age (Required).
Registered Dietitian (NICU): ≥5 years of clinical experience with ≥ 3 years’ newborn/pediatric experience preferred; Intensive Care experience or ≥ 6 weeks training. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!