NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiation Oncology-16th St
Full Time Equivalent: Full Time
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Delivers exceptional assistive medical physics services to all internal and external customers utilizing best practices, nationally recognized standards, and regulations in a manner that ensure the highest level of safety, quality patient care and regulatory compliance.
- Under the supervision of a qualified medical physicist, is proficient in the use of radiation detectors and is responsible for the quality assurance of radiation equipment and radiation detection devices.
- Under the supervision of a qualified medical physicist maintains and uses standard dosimetry equipment such as ionization chambers, water tanks and various quality assurance devices.
- Assists in the performance of necessary tasks for physics projects and department policies & procedures development.
- Assists with validating new radiotherapy equipment and technology.
- Plays an active role in improving the existing quality control program and supports clinical physics tasks through data collection, troubleshooting and investigative research.
- Applies knowledge of radiation safety principles to assist the physicians and physicists with brachytherapy seed implant procedures.
- Applies knowledge of the radiation therapy computer treatment planning system to perform quality assurance.
- Understands the simulation and treatment procedures to assist the physics team with treatment planning and delivery
- Maintains logs and documents related to the quality assurance program
- Is available to work evenings/nights and occasionally on the weekend
* Bachelors Degree
Experience: Use of computer systems and applications including proficient use of MS Excel and Word. Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Physics, Physics, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!