NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG-Myrtle Grove Radiology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the general direction of the Radiology Manager this employee performs radiographic and other diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and injuries.
1. Prepare and position patient for diagnostic imaging procedures
2. Adjust immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician
3. Explain procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation
4. Move imaging equipment into specified position, determine exposure factors on basis of height, weight, portion of body involved, and degree of penetration required, and adjust equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density and accuracy
5. Practice radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff
6. Perform specialized and routine diagnostic radiology procedures, including bone density scans
7. Process images and review for proper identification and quality control
8. Prepare images for reading by radiologist or request physician
9. Perform routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment arranging for repairs as needed.
10. Complete forms and maintain records, logs and reports of work performed
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
Experience: One year experience in radiology field preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!