Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs - Acute Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN Flexible
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Works under the supervision of the Clinical Director/Therapy Manager and Coordinators, utilizing evidence based techniques as a foundation for rehabilitative patient care. Performs assessments and formulates an individualized treatment plan for meeting or exceeding identified health and rehabilitation needs. Interventions are outcomes focused and consistent with best practice and policies. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Supports LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients, and coworkers.
1. Effectively demonstrates the principles of service and operational excellence that support achievement of all pillar goals (Service, People, Quality, Growth, and Finance).
2. Demonstrates professional skill and competence by utilizing all aspects of best practice in the Occupational Therapy process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, treatment) to manage or supervise an effective and safe, patient-centric plan of care that promotes optimal outcomes.
3. Adheres to NHRMC policies/procedures and standards established by CMS, the current accrediting body, CARF, licensure, and/or other regulatory agencies.
4. Collects and accurately documents required clinical information, including Functional Independence Measures (FIM) or other standardized outcomes measures.
5. Demonstrates accountability by participating in education, training, LEAN and quality improvement efforts, councils/workgroups, and/or advocacy efforts.
6. Applies sound judgment in managing assignments, problem-solving, delegating, communicating, and triage of patient care and non-patient care duties. Requires minimal to no oversight to complete responsibilities in timely and thorough manner.
7. Serves as a clinical resource for patients, their caregivers, and the interdisciplinary team.
* Occupational Therapist
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: None required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.