Hospital Chaplain - Spiritual Care
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 7721
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Spiritual Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Hospital Chaplain is assigned a one year appointment. Works under the supervision of an ACPE Certified Educator. Works as a colleague with other Chaplains. Participates in the educational programs of CPE and as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing spiritual care to patients, families and staff. Uses spiritual care knowledge and skills to effectively manage plans of care for patients in developmental stages Neonate (0-28 days), Pediatric (1 month - 12 years), Adolescent (13 - 17), Adult (18 - 72) and Geriatric (72+ years).
1. Provides spiritual care to patients, families, and staff in assigned clinical areas.
2. Participates in the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
3. Participates in the 24 hour in house spiritual care on call rotation.
4. Conducts inter-faith chapel for the Medical Center, Coastal Rehab and The Oaks.
5. Participates in departmental meetings, projects and community education.
6. Maintains satisfactory participation and progress in each unit of CPE.
7. Complies to accrediting body standards.
1. Education: College degree and seminary degree preferred.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Successful completion of one unit of CPE required. Completed in-person CPE interview with the ACPE Certified Educator at NHRMC required.
3. Experience: Two years ministry experience preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!