NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
Key Words: Nurse Manager, Nurse Leadership Opportunities, Management, RN, Novant Health, NHRMC, New Hanover Regional Medical Center
About the Job
RELOCATION ELIGIBLE POSITION for experienced RNs.
We are currently recruiting for nursing leadership in the Coastal market. Positions include Nurse Managers and Assistant Nurse Managers at Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center and openings in surrounding community hospitals.
- Works in partnership with leaders to create, support, and maintain a culture of professional accountability
- Utilizes the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements, Novant Health Nursing Practice Model – Duffy’s The Quality - Caring Model©, evidence-based practice and guidelines from formal nursing organizations as the foundation for nursing practice
- Develops and implements an annual education plan for areas of responsibility in collaboration with Nursing Practice Education and Research.
- Monitors and improves team satisfaction through recruitment and retention initiatives
- Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center, located in Wilmington, consistently ranks among the best in the nation for quality. The medical center offers the latest in diagnostic and treatment services in emergency, critical care, surgery, cancer, cardiovascular and women’s and behavioral health care. It is also home to Novant Health Betty H. Cameron Children’s Hospital.
Why become a Registered Nurse at Novant Health New Hanover Regional Medical Center?
- Shared Governance
- Clinical Ladder Program to help you advance your career
- Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center by The DNV
- Fully accredited by The DNV. In addition, we have earned some of the nation’s top honors in quality care, including radiology, mammography, oncology, pathology, laboratory services, surgery and breast center accreditation.
- Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality & 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth #RN #RegisteredNurse #NHhiringRN #novantnurseleaders #newhanoverregionalmedicalcenter #novantRNleader
Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth!
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Assistant Nurse Manager - Graduation from an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Nurse Manager - Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Master's degree preferred.
- Assistant Nurse Manager - Minimum of three years of clinical RN experience, preferred. Prior demonstrated nursing leadership, preferred.
- Nurse Manager - 5-10 years experience as an RN (3 within specific specialty operations) and 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience.
- Licensure/Certification: Current RN licensure in appropriate state, required. Prior demonstrated nursing leadership, preferred.
- Additional Skills (required):
- Assistant Nurse Manager: Successful completion of generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to successfully complete Leader Education & Training.
- Nurse Manager - Understands and applies: current and future trends/practice in area of responsibility; regulatory and governing standards, policies and procedures; information systems and software used in area of responsibility; equipment used in performing assigned duties; application of safety and infection control policies and procedures; skills in interviewing and selection process; understanding of budgeting, staffing, payroll and purchasing processes; implementation of competency, feedback, development and progressive discipline processes; teambuilding, conflict management, and interpersonal relationship skills; principles of adult learning and teaching methods/models; decision making, project leadership and consultation, delegation and communication skills; customer needs and expectations and knowledge for improvement to exceed customer expectations; principles of change management.
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Various Departments Available
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes