NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job - This is an on-site position
Location: Jack Barto Center for Fitness
Department: Fitness Center
Full Time Equivalent: part-time
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shifts-Day-Eve-Night
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Group Fitness Instructor is responsible for developing and leading safe, effective, motivating group exercise programs for participants of all levels to include, but not limited to one or more of the following, hiphop, pilates, aerobics, step, strength, zumba, spinning, yoga, kickboxing, Tai Chi, and water aerobics. Maintains a high level of member satisfaction. Returns all equipment to storage and ensures room is ready for the next class experience, checks equipment for necessary repairs and completes class participation reports. Supports the mission, vision and values of the employee fitness center and is encouraged to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
1. Creates and delivers cutting-edge fitness classes to participants at every stage in their fitness and health journey as approved by the Employee Fitness Center Manager. Ensures group exercise programs are safe and effective in accordance with industry standards.
2. Arrives at least 10 minutes prior to class to meet and greet participants.
3. Follows the class format outlined by EFC policy.
4. Provides leadership while educating, monitoring, and encouraging participants.
5. Instructs and coaches proper exercise technique in accordance with industry standards. Constantly monitors proper form, execution and safety of all participants and makes corrections as appropriate.
6. Seeks out and provides information and guidance to beginners and inexperienced participants.
7. Stays 10 minutes after class to answer questions from class participants.
8. Provides accurate class participant counts as instructed and immediately following each class. Prepares class progress reports on an occasional basis.
9. Documents and reports occurrences and / or incidences to EFC Manager in accordance with EFC policies and procedures.
10. Advises Employee Fitness Center Manager of any members with incidental and ongoing medical conditions which may require special considerations or training for their follow up.
11. Modifies class format to meet the needs and demands of EFC members.
12. Returns all equipment to storage after class and ensures room is ready for the next class experience, including light cleaning as necessary. Checks equipment to ensure it is in good repair and is safe to operate.
13. Actively participates in monthly Fitness Center staff meetings.
Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Exercise Science or other Health related field.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Group Fitness Certification from reputable organizations, such as AFAA, Stott Pilates, or Yogafit, is preferred. CPR and First Aid certification preferred. Personal Training certification from ACSM, NSCA or NASM is preferred. Aquatics Instructor requires Lifeguard Certification.
3. Experience: At least 2 years of group fitness instruction is required. Proven ability to develop, implement and instruct group fitness classes; knowledge of industry standards and safety practices in the group settings.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!