NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Cafeteria
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Nutrition Care Coordinators, Food and Nutrition Management. Responsible for providing exemplary meal services to patients and maintaining department sanitation standards. Actively assembles and prepares patient trays and nourishments, resolves tray services or food service issues, cleans department spaces and cleans china, utensils, pots and pans. Participates in department performance improvement activities.
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
2. Assembles patient meal trays accurately according to tray ticket and meets department time parameters.
3. Prepares patient menu and nourishment items according to talley and recipe. Follows department portion control and sanitation guidelines.
4. Maintains exemplary customer service in department and initiates efforts to resolve concerns.
5. Cleans equipment and workspaces according to sanitation guidelines.
6. Washes dishes, china, silverware, pots and pans according to department procedures.
7. Delivers patient tray carts to assigned locations. Retrieves patient tray carts after meal service.
8. Practices appropriate written and verbal communication as necessary to support patient care duties and general operations.
9. Supports program operations by demonstrating flexibility and adaptability with work assignments. Follows assigned work schedule and job outlines.
10. Applies sound judgment in problem solving and prioritizing of duties.
11. Manages job duties effectively and efficiently. Performs all required activities with minimal oversight needed.
12. Advocates for department, medical center and the community.
* High School Diploma
Experience: One year’s experience in restaurant, hotel or customer service setting. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!