NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG Administration
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of an Administrator with the Physician Group and will support multiple executives. Performs a diverse variety of administrative duties using discretion with highly confidential information, independent judgment and senior level clerical skills to ensure outcomes that are consistent with accepted business practice while applying strong clerical skills in Microsoft applications, such as Excel and Word.
Responsibility I: NHRMC Standards of Performance • Ownership – responsible for all outcomes of efforts and actions • Teamwork – demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers and to accept additional assignments as requested to support the department efficiently • Communication – acknowledge patients and co-workers, listen attentively while maintaining eye contact and speaking to them directly and respectfully • Compassion – Be an advocate for patients, families and teammates. Show them you care and always follow up. Responsibility II: Liaison • Serves as a liaison between Executives and Providers under NHRMC Physician Group / CHA • Attends meetings with executives, takes minutes and distributes accordingly • Works with Atrium, New Hanover Regional Medical Center and NHRMC PG; tracking various items between the systems and reporting accordingly • Interacts with customers and other contacts in a professional manner, responding, as directed either orally or in writing • Monitors all position requests to ensure accuracy in recruitment documentation, onboarding process and employee maintenance. Responsibility III: Administrative • Ensures recordkeeping and filing systems for department functions are maintained to provide prompt retrieval and confidentiality of data as required • Tracks Paid Days Off, Licensures, learning modules, COI and all other forms related to the compliance of CHS/CPN providers, including CME documentation to ensure timely access to contract amount, dollars spent and balance available to ensure that each provider stays within the specified limits of their individual contracts • Serves as a resource person for network computer system issues, creating trouble tickets and working with IS to resolve simple issues under the network • Attends meetings/committee sessions and ensures accurate recording/transcription of same • Responds appropriately using discretion and independent judgment to a wide variety of requests from internal and external customers, in writing or verbally as required to ensure consistent and efficient operations of department/function • Works closely with Department Executives, maintaining a constant line of communication with each individual Responsibility IV: Departmental • Maintains routine department / function such as reports, minutes, manuals, while ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data • Assists in maintenance of department SharePoint site, Provider listings and PolicyStat • Books meeting rooms and sets up meeting for various departmental committees, including computer setup and catering • Orders supplies and ensures adequate stock of materials needed for smooth operations of department/function, including entering of disbursement requests to the appropriate employer for payment to vendors • Performs other routine and confidential clerical duties as assigned Responsibility V: General Practice Duties • Must have physical exam and annual TB skin testing • PHI – refrain from discussing Patient Health Information in public in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and policies • Assists in training other staff as needed and is willing to cross train • Adheres to company policy on continuing education programs, i.e. Annual HIPAA training • Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by director and wears picture identification badge, 100% of the time
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Graduate of a two-year secretarial/executive secretarial program required. Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. 2. Licensure / Certifications: Notary Public desirable 3. Experience: Three years’ experience in a clerical/administrative assistant role with a wide scope of responsibility including, but not limited to: reception duties, scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting arrangements, minutes, etc. Experience preferred in specialty, healthcare, accounting, etc. 4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must be highly proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with documenting, typing and distributing meeting minutes. Must be able to accommodate a fast work pace. Must be an organized senior associate who is proficient with “charge” responsibilities for manager/project. Must exhibit telephone customer service skills, ability to interact with all levels of contacts and work well under stress. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is a must. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills. 5. Essential Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 30 lbs, walking, reaching, bending and stopping. 6. Hours of Work: Normal workweek of 40 hours. Some overtime work may be required. 7. Population Served: All internal and external customers, patients and clinicians. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications. 8. Travel locally as required.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!