Switchboard Operator-CHA - NHMG Administration
1960 South 16Th St
Job ID: 7223
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG Administration
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: No FTE
Work Schedule: PRN DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Under the supervision of the supervisor this employee is responsible for managing the operations of the PBX system. Responsible for answering and routing calls that come into the PBX system. This includes monitoring who is receiving calls for new patients, rotating calls between persons when positions are shared by more than one person and routing calls as fairly as possible when new patients call in and do not request a specific provider.
1. Responsible for taking messages as necessary from callers
2. Responsible for knowing which of the supervisory staff and providers are working and which are off for proper routing of calls. This is to be achieved as long as they are given the information
3. Responsible for seeing that the on call pager makes it to the provider on call for the practice if the on call provider is stationed in their base location.
4. Responsible for making sure pager is returned
5. Assist with posting of the encounter forms that have been voided. This includes monitoring them for accountability and returning them to the appropriate people when accountability has not been given.
6. Maintain the strictest of confidentiality
7. Participate in professional development activities
* High School Diploma
Experience: None. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!