Under the direction of the Cancer Registry Specialist, the Clinical Support Liaison provides direct support to the Cancer Registry. Creates and maintains large databases and extrapolates the appropriate data for data analysis, statistical reports and patient follow up. Coordinates Tumor Board Conference and other educational activities. Exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing a wide variety of confidential administrative duties.
1. Responsible for monitoring and converting patient information from databases: 1) in-house (ACCESS, Excel, CoPath, Flexirad, Flexilab, Hospice, Crystal Reports, Pathways HomeHealth), HBOC Disease Index, Care Manager), 2) via internet access (Social Security National Register Database, Public Records Online, NC Central Cancer Registry Files), 3) physician offices (New Hanover Radiation Oncology – treatment and follow up files), Downloads converted data into cancer registry (ERS – Electronic Registry Systems), 4) Other.
2. Responsible for developing and maintaining large data set of patient information for treatment and follow up data collection via in-house methods (chart reviews and database conversions), physician office visits (chart reviews and computer systems), patient contact (letters and telephone), other clinical facilities (letters and telephone).
3. Prepares and maintains statistical reports for all programs.
4. Coordinates Tumor Board Conference (patient care conference) to include: calendar, case scheduling, recording clinical/working stage, moderator assignments, catering and room scheduling, audiovisual equipment set up and clinical department(s) and medical staff involvement.
5. Designs, maintains and revises departmental forms, correspondence, spreadsheets, PI/PCE data collection tools, tumor board statistics for reports required by N.C. State, ACOS, CoC, and JCAHO.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Graduate of a two year secretarial program preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications:
3. Experience: 3 years experience as a secretary or data entry role required. One year’s experience in healthcare database management preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.