NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager to prepare, label, and dispense, as well as maintain appropriate records for all medications and other pharmaceutical supplies ordered by physicians or other qualified prescribers. Work is accomplished in accordance with the policies and regulations of local, state, and federal authorities as well as accepted standards of practice.
1. Compounds, prepares, labels, and dispenses medications (sterile and non-sterile) for all age groups according to accepted practice standards.
2. Assists in maintaining an acceptable inventory of medications and supplies under proper conditions and storage and security.
3. Supervises and verifies appropriate and accurate drug distribution tasks performed by support and technical staff.
4. Effectively uses all necessary forms of informatics.
5. Interprets medication orders, monitors drug regimens, and performs interventions when order clarification is necessary or when therapeutic problems are identified.
6. Meets and maintains competencies to perform the required duties of the position.
7. Promotes the use of cost-effective drug therapy.
8. Participates in the adverse drug reaction reporting process.
9. Documents activities per departmental policies.
10. Provides general drug information services, when necessary.
11. Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
12. Counsels patients, families, and/or caregivers as needed.
13. Follows accepted standards of practice and adheres to federal, state, and local regulations, as well as the policies and procedures of the organization and department.
14. Supervises support personnel in a consistent and fair manner.
* PHARM-D - Pharmacist with PhD
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Graduation from a School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education with a Baccalaureate or PharmD degree.
2. Licensure/Certificate: Current registration and licensure by the State of North Carolina as a pharmacist.
3. Experience: Two years prior Pharmacist experience preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!