NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Must be proficient at accessing, viewing, and handling medication orders and requests related to pharmacy electronic information systems.
1. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
2. Prioritizes and manages telephone calls in the pharmacy.
3. Processes patient charges and credits.
4. Maintains appropriate levels of stock and supplies in dispensing area and places them on order when they are below adequate stock levels to meet departmental needs.
5. Demonstrates proficiency at accessing and viewing pertinent screens in pharmacy electronic information systems.
6. Performs intra-departmental unit inspections monthly (assigned areas) and removes all expired medications.
7. Works in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
8. Stocks and charges emergency crash carts and rapid sequence intubation (RSI) boxes.
9. Assists in the training and mentoring of new technicians, pharmacy technology students, and pharmacy students. Offers evaluation feedback on training performance.
10. Performs interdepartmental medication unit inspections as assigned.
11. Checks in the medication order and puts the order into pharmacy stock. Assists Pharmacists in maintaining an acceptable inventory of medications and supplies under proper conditions and storage
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: Six months of healthcare experience OR Graduated, or will graduate within 30 days of hire, from an ASHP accredited pharmacy technology diploma program. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!