NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Inpatient Pharmacy– Hospital pharmacy with services throughout our main campus in central and satellite pharmacies which include: medication dispensing, compounding (sterile and non-sterile), dispensing, delivery and direct patient care.
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.800000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR EVE - Most of shift btwn 3P-11P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Employee works under the supervision of the pharmacist. As directed, provides assistance to pharmacists by profiling medications and products, preparing and delivering these products, and maintaining adequate inventory of stock and supplies. Employee must be proficient at accessing and viewing pharmacy electronic information systems and pharmacy automated systems. Employee will work in multiple areas of the pharmacy, as directed, to maintain competency and broaden skills for all areas of the job scope.
1. Demonstrates proficiency in the following skill sets: Triage/IV Premix, Automated Pre-Packing Machine, Automated Dispensing Cabinets, Basic & Advanced Outpatient Pharmacy, Non-Sterile Compounding, Basic Direct Patient Care and Basic OR.
2. Training and proficiency will be obtained in the following skill sets: Advanced OR, IV Preparation/ Total Parenteral Nutrition, Advanced Direct Patient Care and Chemotherapy.
3. Assists in medication preparation by selecting, counting, compounding, packaging, delivering and labeling per established departmental guidelines.
4. Triages telephone calls in the pharmacy. Assists customers at the pharmacy window.
5. Processes patient charges and credits as needed.
6. Maintains appropriate levels of stock and supplies in dispensing areas. This includes prepackaging or assembly of all types of medications for future dispensing.
7. Performs all operations of pharmacy automated systems.
8. Performs all basic operations in the outpatient pharmacy including basic computer skills, filling prescriptions and operating the cash register.
9. Demonstrates proficiency in pharmacy computer systems.
10. Performs pharmacy and medication unit inspections.
11. Checks in the medication order, puts the order into pharmacy stock, and delivers floor stock to patient care areas in the hospital.
12. Assists in the training and mentoring of new pharmacists, technicians, students, and residents. Provides evaluation feedback on training performance.
* Registered Pharmacy Tech-NC
* Cert Pharmacy Tech-National
* High School Diploma
Experience: One year experience as a pharmacy technician at NHRMC or four years of hospital pharmacy experience which included IV and Chemotherapy training or graduate of ASHP accredited pharmacy technology associates program. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!