1. This position is responsible for the care of patients in all stages of life.
2. Provides patient/family members with needed examination information explaining examination preparation and procedures prior to their exam.
3. Obtains necessary information to determine whether procedure should be performed immediately or in a specified time frame. Prepares patients for their exams and obtains and documents appropriate patient history.
4. Prepares room equipment and supplies for procedure to include supplies, special kit trays, and contrast in accordance with department policies.
5. Under direction of technologist and/or provider, helps assist patients during procedures and mobile imaging exams while observing radiation safety practices.
6. Transports patients for all Radiology sections by stretcher, bed, wheelchair, or walking, and provides care for patients during transportation and in department. Safety transfers patients to and from beds, stretchers, wheelchairs using proper body mechanics as needed.
7. Transports patient specimens, supplies, and resources to and from designated areas as needed.
8. Performs related duties such as assisting others, special assignments, cleans work area, and replenishing of supplies.
9. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.