OR Assistant II - OR - 17th Street
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 5739
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2022
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: OR - 17th Street
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Operating Room Assistant II reports to the Manager and the Assistant Managers and works under the direction of the Professional Registered Nurse. The Operating Room Assistant II is distinguished by additional training, experience, closer inter-op support of the Nursing staff.
1. Performs all duties of ORA I.
2. Transports, positioning, and general housekeeping duties. Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique.
3. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines, based upon completion of initial training with appropriate documentation and ongoing annual competency assessment.
4. Functions as Lead ORA as assigned.
5. Coaches and assists with orientation process.
6. Super user for assigned equipment.
7. Ensures sterilization documentation complete including implants.
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* High School Diploma
Experience: One year ORA I experience required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!