NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Jack Barto Center for Fitness
Department: Fitness Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
EFC Operations Coordinator is responsible for operating and maintaining the Jack Barto Center for Employee Fitness under the supervision of the EFC Manager. Providing service to all members that utilize the facility, including employee and family membership and member use, enforcement of policies and procedures, staffing, safety and cleaning. Assist in developing and implementing fitness center programs, including marketing of those program and other related activities. Member tracking, analysis, recruitment, and facility orientation.
1. Demonstrates Standards of Performance (ownership, teamwork, compassion, communication) that support member satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
2. Prepares reports for bi-weekly payroll and other administrative record keeping.
3. Tracks, organizes, and evaluates EFC statistics.
4. Helps members by providing answers, orientations, answering phone, and actively monitoring EFC members and equipment to ensure safety.
5. Reviews Employee Fitness Center's policies, procedures and guidelines with new and existing members.
6. Producing displays and marketing information for programs and events in the EFC.
7. Inventory tracking and ordering of sales items in the EFC.
8. Conduct all POS transactions at the Service Desk.
9. Evaluating and dispersing information regarding EFC classes, Massage Therapy, and Personal Training.
10. Scheduling appointments and communicating with members and staff.
11. Maintains a high level of cleanliness and facility order that provides a safe environment for all members of the EFC.
12. Help design and implement programs to continually encourage member participation and improved health / fitness. Assists with coordinating NHRMC team sports.
13. Maintains quality of service by establishing, promoting, and enforcing organizational standards.
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: Bachelors Degree in Health related field (Master’s Degree preferred).
2. Licensure / Certifications: none
3. Experience: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisor position in a fitness facility or health club environment preferred. Proven ability in developing and implementing innovative health and wellness programs; knowledge of the philosophy, principles, practices and techniques of health fitness management a plus. Proficient with multiple forms of social media marketing. Microsoft proficiency required. Knowledge and understanding of Bitcoin and Blockchain a plus.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!