1. Works with the Safety Officer responsible for the Life Safety Program to maintain fire extinguisher system, interim life safety inspection and reporting system, fire drill schedules and associated documentation and required follow up and other life safety related system requirements. Accompanies fire marshal on inspections.
2. Works with the Safety Officer responsible for the Hazardous Materials and Waste to maintain the master file for the chemical inventories of all departments, the master Materials Safety Data Sheet system and the maintenance / inspection of hazardous material decontamination supplies and equipment.
3. Works with the Safety Officer responsible for the Safety Management Program, assisting with annual employee safety training, maintenance of the hazardous surveillance program, forklift training, safe drivers training.
4. Participates in emergency response drills / events, under the direction of a Safety Officer.
5. Performs other duties as assigned by the Safety Services Director.
6. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
7. Performs other related duties as required.