NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: SEAHEC Grants & State Approp
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works with faculty and planning committees in the planning of continuing education events to ensure that programs offer appropriate credit and follow credentialing guidelines and criteria. Assists in program planning, execution of event and follow-up. Works with other continuing education staff to ensure that required paperwork is obtained for educational events. Supports in preparing for annual reports, develops work statements, budgets and reconciliation of programs.
1. Coordinates with faculty on meeting space/virtual education design, speaker contracts, travel, catering and program execution for both live, in-person and web-based trainings . 2. Creates online evaluations and certificates using Survey Monkey, Survey Gizmo/Alchemer, and other platforms, and develops educational programming within a learning management system(s), such as Docebo. 3. Corresponds with program participants before and after events to provide confirmation letters, links to course materials and other program related information. 4. Upon completion of event, updates attendance, program costs, and credit information in credit database. 5. Submits program expenses to the Business Office. 6. Work with program speaker(s) and planner(s) to coordinate logistics for in-person educational events, to include room set-up, AV needs, catering, sign-in tables, and other duties as needed. 7. Work with program speaker(s) and planner(s) to coordinate logistics for virtual education. Responsible for developing virtual events in Zoom meeting and webinar formats to include coordinating logistics for breakout rooms, polling of attendees, monitoring the chat and Q&A boxes, and instructing speakers on how to utilize all aspects of the virtual platform to deliver quality educational programming. 8. Apply for continuing education credits, if required based on program needs. 9. Designs marketing materials to include flyers and/or brochure. 10. Design exhibitor prospectus packets. 11. Assist participants with special needs or requests. 12. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. 13. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments. 14. Manage progress and performance tracking, measurement, and evaluation.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree in Communication, Business Administration or related field OR High School diploma and 5 years project scheduling experience.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None
3. Experience: Scheduling/administrative assistant/marketing or public service or education; Experience working with Microsoft Office products, virtual education platforms (Zoom), and learning managements systems (Docebo) preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!