The MSW supervisor position is responsible for acting as a field liaison and educator to social work interns as well as providing supervision to community health workers and faith health volunteers. This position acts as a bridge for the social work interns, clinical placements, university, and community-based workforce under Physician Quality Partners. Supervisor will also assist with Community Health Worker and Faith Health program development, strategy, and implementation as needed.
1. Ensure that MSW students in field placements receive educationally focused practice experience embodying social work knowledge to include theory and practice, values, and skills, while meeting field education objectives.
2. Supervise interns in their fieldwork, overseeing the entire range of field experience and providing at minimum one hour per week of direct supervision.
3. Develop relationships with community based clinical placements, and in collaboration with university field education coordinator, design a learning contract for interns to meet the needs of those placements. Outcome measures will align with learning contracts.
4. Accept a social work assignment as needed to ensure clinical placements have coverage when school is not in session.
5. Practice and teach within the strength-based perspective to identify patient and family strengths and assist patients in building on these strengths to empower them to work toward positive change. Will also use additional evidenced-based proactive therapeutic paradigms that bolster the medical model of care (i.e. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing).
6. Supervises activities of community health worker and provides adequate coaching and support to ensure the quality of their work and accuracy of reporting. Oversees work allocation of CHW, training, and problem resolution. Reviews performance of CHW with manager and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
7. Assume level of “expert” knowledge of community resources and facilitate connecting patient/families with needed services, and/or acting as resource for interns and community health workers to do so.
8. Ensure open communication between interns and community health workers to allow for collaborative approach to patient care and streamline of resources to promote wellness.
9. Interactions at all times, with all team members, will be on a professional level. Maintains the ethical standards of NASW Code of Ethics.
10. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently. Will demonstrate concise and succinct documentation in Epic.
11. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
12. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.