Reporting to the Manager, Community Access, the RN Supervisor is responsible to ensure delivery of safe patient care, facilitate patient flow during evening/nights, weekends and holidays, and to collaborate and coordinate with the nursing staff to ensure safe patient placement and positive patient experience. The RN Supervisor manages nursing activities, operational processes and patient placement throughout the hospital to assure quality patient care for all PMH patients. The RN Supervisors serve as the administrative representative of the hospital in the absence of the administrative staff, interpreting and enforcing policies to all related departments as needed.
1. Visits all nursing units throughout shift to supervise nursing care and to ascertain conditions of patients and overall status of nursing units.
2. Visits other patient care departments to provide guidance and direction as needed.
3. Examines patient charts, as needed, for accuracy and completeness and assures conformity to services prescribed by the physician.
4. Interprets hospital policies and regulations to staff members, patients and visitors and conformity to the same.
5. Implements general policies and procedures and informs staff of changes.
6. Complies with and assists in monitoring quality improvement activities.
7. Performs clinical functions as needed.
8. Reviews patient care assignments made by charge nurse to assure appropriate workload.
9. Assigns and covers meal relief when necessary.
10. Communicates with physicians regarding patient's conditions as needed.
11. Gives a concise report of patient's condition, information and incidents that indicate the general tone of the departments within the hospital to the oncoming administrative personnel.
12. Coordinates placement of patients to be admitted or transferred.
13. Receives and documents call-ins and cancellations of staff. Independently responds to replace these unplanned vacancies and records change on resource sheets.
14. Procures equipment, drugs, and supplies if requested.
15. Performs quality initiatives as required.
16. Performs and documents patient rounding every shift.