NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG-Myrtle Grove Radiology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Assistant Manager works under the direction of the Radiology Manager. This position provides support to the Manager in daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations. This role includes responsibilities for disciplinary actions, performance reviews and the hiring process. The Assistant Manager maintains current clinical skills and is competent to support the delivery of care. Regularly performs the job duties of the lab personnel to including compliance with regulatory agencies. Vision and Values of the organization are upheld on a daily basis. The Assistant Manager will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager.
1. Responsible for team operations, ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care.
2. Provides patient care utilizing critical thinking skills in all areas of radiology.
3. Oversees the development of department staffing schedules.
4. Provides input for the development of departmental budgets.
5. Collaborates regularly on a daily basis on employees and medical staff.
6. Rounds on Patients families and waiting areas routinely on a daily basis.
7. Coordinates the submission of data and any corrective actions to accrediting agencies. Meets with involved departments and staff to monitor compliance and accrediting agencies inspection processes. Remains knowledgeable of government regulations concerning Radiology to include Stark Guidelines, NRC, NC DHHS Radiation Protection and NC DHSR Certificate of Need.
8. Assists with Cape Fear Community College Radiography and Sonography student coordination, supervision and training at NHRMC PG locations.
9. Oversees annual supply and equipment inventories; assimilates and reviews final reports providing valid justification for any variances.
10. Conducts and assists with performance appraisals as directed by the management team.
11. Assists in the hiring process for staff.
12. Coaches/Counsels and recognizes staff for job performance. Gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90-day periods.
13. Utilizes disciplinary action process following discussion with Manager. May issue disciplinary action.
14. Participates in performance improvement initiatives and completes audits.
15. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services and committees.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Two-year Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree required
2. Licensure / Certifications: American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
3. Experience: Minimum five (5) years of radiology experience with a minimum of three (3) years experience with supervisory responsibilities.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!