NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Anatomic & Molecular Pathology
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Support Associate II- Pathology works under the supervision of the Anatomic Pathology Manager and Pathologists. The associate is responsible for photocopying of pathology reports, distribution of report copies, processing typed correspondence, receiving and placing telephone calls on behalf of the Pathology Department. The associate must possess a working knowledge of the computer keyboard and must be capable of being trained on the pathology computer system.
1. Answer telephone calls in the department and respond to: (1) request for reports and slides; (2) calls for Pathologists; (3) request for general information. 2. Photocopy, separate and distribute report copies (chart, tumor board, billing and physician copies). 3. Process according to Department policy typed letters, correspondence, minutes and type lab and/or pathology procedures, etc. 4. Interface with Medical Center personnel, physicians, and staff from other facilities relative to pathology report results. 5. File reports slides and blocks. 6. Put together slides, blocks and/or reports for referral to outside agencies plus legal cases as directed. 7. Receive and place telephone calls on behalf of the Pathology Department. 8. Fax pathology reports to medical personnel as they reach “signed out” status. 9. Compile slides and reports that pathologists need for weekly tumor board. 10. Receive and process specimens (blocks, slides) from outside facilities for consultations. 11. Assist other lab and hospital staff with their work process. 12. Send out Pathology specimens (Kidney biopsy, Flow) to other laboratories for testing. 13. Maintain a tracking system in CoPath for send out slides when reports are received and all materials are returned. 14. Maintain the print chutes for autofaxing and autoprinting of Pathology reports.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Graduate/Diploma including clerical training. Completion of Medical Terminology course preferred. 2. Licensure / Certifications: None Required 3. Experience: One-year clerical experience in the medical field requiring heavy typing and transcription.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!