NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: IS Client Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Client Services Administrator role is the primary technical lead for the Information Services department, responsible for desktop application packaging, application deployment, patch management, device Images, client device encryption technologies, and enterprise anti-virus. The Client Services administrator will work closely with the Client Services, IS Security and Infrastructure teams as the level 3 escalation point for the desktop support team.
1. Job responsibilities include managing, monitoring, upgrading, and maintaining enterprise systems for Client device security and patch management.
2. Develop, maintain and update a standard desktop image.
3. Builds desktop application packages, and deploys desktop applications and images as needed.
4. Work closely with Infrastructure and IS Security teams on periodic testing of the Enterprise systems used for automating the software distribution and security updates to Client Devices
5. Serve as a resource for other system support and help desk staff regarding Client Device standards and security systems used to protect Client Devices patch management workstation setup.
6. Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring client device operations.
7. Communicates effectively in order to provide optimal support of all departments’ Information systems needs in a manner that promotes a professional climate throughout the Medical Center.
8. Troubleshoot problems with Client/Server technologies and applications to provide resolution and root cause of issues.
9. Maintains knowledge of current technology.
10. Maintains current and orderly reference library (run books) including working with Client Server technical teams to maintain up-to-date documentation and comprehensive inventory of all supported systems.
11. Works with technical support vendors to resolve systems issues and problems. Works closely with the Technical Teams and IS Manager to document levels of maintenance to include vendor contact, support contracts and or spare parts and or redundant system information and maintains the information monthly/quarterly and annually.
12. Helps define and maintain standards, procedures and policies relating to Client Device technologies.
13. Technical lead representing Client Services for Implementing Enterprise systems used to manage and automate application updates and security updates for Client Devices and Client Device Operating Systems.
14. Helps the Information Services Manager prepare annual budgets.
15. Participates on the Change Control committees as technical resource.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Bachelor's degree required. (Current employees who were hired or transitioned into this position before Mar 1, 2019 are grandfathered using the educational requirement in place at the time they were hired or transitioned into the core job title(s) of Client Services Administrator)
2. Licensure/Certifications: Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) preferred.
3. Experience: At least 3 years of experience with supporting MS Windows operating systems in a network environment, experience utilizing enterprise software distribution products (e.g. SCCM, Tivoli, Big Fix, kbox, etc.) and powershell and/or Visual Basic scripting.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!