NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Mobile Integrated Health
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Administrative Associate IV reports to the Vice President of Emergency Medical Services and is responsible for coordinating and implementing all administrative and clerical duties pertaining to Emergency Medical Services. Performs a diverse array of administrative/assistant duties using discretion, independent judgment, and senior level administrative skills to ensure outcomes that are consistent with accepted business practice. Direct contact with all members of the Executive team, Board of Trustees, medical center staff, physicians, and community leaders.
1. Provides assistance and performs duties for Vice President of Emergency Medical Services to ensure an efficient, cost-effective operation of Emergency Medical Services using independent judgment and discretion as required.
2. Communicates effectively and appropriately, in written or verbal form, to a variety of requests from internal and external customers which includes Board Members, Administrative Staff, Medical Staff, employees, external professionals, clients, various companies, vendors and patients.
3. Assures efficient use of executive’s time through proper scheduling. Includes coordinating meetings, special functions and making travel arrangements.
4. Assist the Vice President/Chief as necessary with major projects & deadlines, being familiar with all projects.
5. Assist the Vice President/Chief with preparation of various committee meetings. Ensures accurate recording, transcription and distribution of minutes.
6. Prepares and coordinates letters of confidential nature to the Board, staff and external professionals.
7. Manages office efficiently by handling all contacts, processing all paperwork in an orderly manner and maintaining adequate filing systems.
8. Maintains the personnel records and KRONOS for management payroll employees.
9. Maintains needed inventories and orders supplies for Vice President of Emergency Medical Services when needed.
10. Performs confidential typing assignments for the Vice President/Chief.
11. Coordinates Special Projects as needed.
12. Interacts with customers and other contacts in a professional manner.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Graduate of 2-year secretarial/executive secretarial program or 2 years experience in a secretarial role. Preferred 4-year degree in appropriate field.
2. Licensure / Certifications: None
3. Experience: Minimum 5-7 years experience as an administrative assistant or secretary to a senior level individual or multiple individuals with constant public contact. Must have above average proficiency in all secretarial skills and must be able to complete assignments without direct supervision.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!