NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.600000
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under direct supervision of the Safety Officer. Conducts safety inspections, maintains multiple safety related systems, equipment and supplies, participates in emergency response drills / events.
1. Works with the Safety Officer responsible for the Life Safety Program to maintain fire extinguisher system, interim life safety inspection and reporting system, fire drill schedules and associated documentation and required follow up and other life safety related system requirements. Accompanies fire marshal on inspections.
2. Works with the Safety Officer responsible for the Hazardous Materials and Waste to maintain the master file for the chemical inventories of all departments, the master Materials Safety Data Sheet system and the maintenance / inspection of hazardous material decontamination supplies and equipment. Assists Safety Officer with Waste gas analysis.
3. Works with the Safety Officer responsible for the Emergency Management program to maintain emergency response systems, supplies and equipment.
4. Works with the Safety Officer responsible for the Safety Management Program, assisting with annual employee safety training, maintenance of the hazardous surveillance program, forklift training, safe drivers training.
5. Participates in emergency response drills / events, under the direction of a Safety Officer.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by the Safety Services Director.
* Drivers License Class C
* Hazardous Material Operations
* General Education Degree
1. Education: Required to be high school graduate
2. Licensure / Certifications: Valid North Carolina driver’s license. Certified to OSHA Hazardous Materials Technician Level. Certified in forklift training.
3. Experience: Prefer experience in a safety related career.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!