NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Respiratory Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Respiratory Care. Provides direct patient care to all patients, including evaluations and treatments, according to procedural guidelines. Records treatment and test information on patient charts, assigns work load, resolves technical, clinical or staffing problem, and performs quality control checks. Is responsible for overall departmental operations.
1. Administers to patients a variety of simple and complex respiratory modalities such as ventilator care, emergency airway procedures, therapeutic gases, medications, etc. as described in the Respiratory Care policy and procedure manual.
2. Consult with physicians and other healthcare professionals to help develop and modify patient care plans.
3. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
4. Records treatment and test results on patient’s charts when performed.
5. Performs related duties such as assisting physicians with special procedures.
6. Must be intubation certified and respond to code blue and traumas.
7. Must be able to work critical care, adult and/or pediatrics.
8. Assigns staff members to work assignments and assists them when needed to complete assignment. Sets priorities for treatments or tests to be performed.
9. Resolves technical and staff problems.
10. Maintains appropriate personnel records and documentation.
11. Performs employee performance appraisals.
12. Educate other members of the health care team i.e.; Physicians, RN’s etc. Conduct in-services as assigned.
13. Participate in appropriate continuing education.
* Lic Resp Care Practitioner
* Reg Respiratory Therapist
* Associate Degree
Experience: Three years preferred supervisory experience from a comparable center. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!