NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.500000
Work Type: Corporate Non-Exempt Position
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager Hospitality Services. Provides direct patient care by implementing medical nutrition therapy according to standards of nutrition care. Participates as an integral member of the health care team in day-to-day activities, including patient care conferences, program development, student rotations, and performance improvement.
1. Provides medical nutrition therapy and diabetes education one on one and group basis for patients with Type 1, Type 2, and gestational diabetes.
2. Provides out-patient & Home Health counseling per request of practitioner/provider.
3. Nutritional screening and development of care plans according to age, nutritional needs, food preferences, food allergies, medical and physical conditions of patient and integrates patient's menus with basic hospital menus.
4. Instructs patients and their families in nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection, and preparation.
5. Recognize and adopt activities appropriate to specific needs of patient population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient population.
6. Responsible for documentation of actions in patient's medical record.
7. Update and revise patient education materials as needed.
8. Assist food service manager in revisions of all menus.
9. Provide in service education as requested or needed by dietary department, nursing staff, and community agencies.
10. Engage in nutritional research and maintain registry, status through the Commission of Dietetics.
11. Maintain accurate records to meet regulatory agency guidelines and assist in statistical analysis of data.
12. Adheres to established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Compliance with all OSHA regulations and other local, state, and federal government regulations.
13. Maintain friendly, efficient spirit of service attitude towards customers, co-workers, and clients.
14. Plan and conduct special projects for the organization as needed.
* Licensed Dietician/Nutritionis
* Registered Dietitian
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: Baccalaureate degree in food and nutrition or dietetics from an accredited university with an approved internship or qualifying experience required.
1. Licensure/Certificate: Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition.
2. Experience: Two years of experience in an acute care environment.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!