NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Medicine III
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR Day
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Administrative Coordinator works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and/or Administrator. This position provides support to the Manager in daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations. This role includes responsibilities for disciplinary actions, performance reviews and the hiring process. The Administrative Coordinator maintains current clinical skills and is competent to support the delivery of care is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The Administrative Coordinator has the authority to enforce the Standards of Behavior and works to ensure that the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization are upheld on a daily basis. The Administrative Coordinator will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager. This is to include weekends and holiday coverage.
1. Responsible for daily operations ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care.
2. Manages patient throughput daily to ensure safe placement of patients in the right bed the first time.
3. Provides input for the development of departmental budgets.
4. Assists in the development of department staffing schedules; reviews Visionware daily and makes appropriate staffing adjustments to meet staffing targets.
5. Reviews and edits timekeeping and scheduling systems daily.
6. Demonstrates effective communication skills when rounding daily on patients, staff, doctors and waiting areas and addresses any issues and concerns as they arise.
7. Ensures education is provided to staff as needed, assists in tracking adherence to all mandatory education and assists with staff development.
8. Coaches/counsels and recognizes staff for job performance; gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90 day periods.
9. Issues disciplinary action following discussion with Manager.
10. Actively participates in performance improvement initiatives to ensure achievement of quality goals.
11. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and interdisciplinary projects.
12. Leads patient care conferences and ensures active participation by all team members.
13. Participates in and assists the Manager with staff meetings and daily huddles.
14. Coordinates with staff and physicians to ensure key items, equipment, supplies etc. are available as needed.
15. Works closely with Manager in the hiring process to ensure the BBI process is properly utilized, all hiring policies are followed and the most qualified candidates are hired.
16. In cooperation with the Manager, is responsible for ensuring that staff evaluations are done on time.
17. Participates or delegates chart audits, quality reports and other department oversight responsibilities as they arise.
18. Exhibits the ability to problem-solve, appropriately confront issues and motivate others both individually and as a group.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: 3 years in clinical setting preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!