The HVAC Foreman works under the supervision of the Manager of Maintenance Services. This position is responsible for maintaining the building HVAC and refrigeration systems and related equipment. He/She also schedules repair and PM work assignments, schedules shift coverage, performs employee evaluations, identifies training needs, and performs general supervision of the HVAC and refrigeration group. He/She must be self-motivated, display leadership skills, and posses a broad working knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems. He/She represents the HVAC and refrigeration group as member of the Maintenance/Engineering leadership group, for establishing priorities, goals, and PM development for the Facilities Plant Operations Department.
1. Performs PM’s, repairs and installs HVAC and refrigeration systems and equipment, provides on-call-coverage and scheduling. Works independently or as part of a multi-trade maintenance team frequently assuming the role of team leader.
2. Ensures all necessary tasks/assignments are performed, under his/her area of responsibility, in a manner that reduces overtime and customer inconvenience, which includes repairs and PM’s to HVAC and refrigeration systems and equipment. Also performs shift and work task scheduling assuring customer request are prioritized appropriately and responded to in acceptable time frame.
3. Obtains and maintains inventories of materials necessary to perform work task in a seamless process in the most expeditious and cost effective manner possible.
4. Performs annual performance reviews for the HVAC/Refrigeration group, while assisting the Maintenance Manager in addressing disciplinary issues and the development of PM scheduling, PM procedures and inventories, recommends training needs and assist in scheduling instruction to address such needs.
5. Is responsible for assuring all permits are acquired prior to start of job, and all required documentation, is completed in acceptable time frames and submitted in a legible manner, consistent with the requirements of all applicable codes and regulator agencies.
6. Acts as Facilities Services representative, providing design assessment, technical information, installation needs, and cost estimates to department customers. Assures that the requestors work is the most efficient, cost effective, and is the best solution to meet the requestor’s needs.
7. Acts as the Facilities Services point of contact for providing direction to contractors, and other outside service providers, assuring they are in compliance with facility and department policy, for area of responsibility.
8. Responsible for ensuring that work performed by Facilities Services personnel, as well as contracted services, is performed in a safe manner, consistent with infection control standards, so as not to endanger those performing the work, or any patients, visitors, or staff.
* Univ Chlorofluorocarbon Cert
* Heating/Vent and AC-Journeyman
* NC HVAC Contractor
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent, formal training or certification in HVAC trade. Additional formal training for supervision, refrigeration or multi-trade training preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: NC HVAC Contractors License required. HVAC Journeyman’s Certification with one year requirement for acquisition of NC HVAC Contractors License. Universal Chlorofluorocarbon Certification required.
3. Experience: Minimum of five years as an HVAC Technician or HVAC Control Technician. Supervisory experience in a health care environment preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.