NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: CAP Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The CAP SW CM works under the direction of the Manager to provide on-going case management with the purpose or promoting the health safety and well being of the clients served. Collaborates with client, family, physician, care providers to organize, coordinate and monitor the provision of cost–effective, quality healthcare services and resources needed to maintain the client in the community environment and to promote optimal outcomes. Facilitates compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational performance standards with all internal and external customers.
1. Applies strong psychosocial knowledge skills to facilitate a developmentally appropriate client psychosocial and support system assessment.
2. Develops an appropriate plan of care for the clients that meets their health, safety and well-being, while staying within the budget requirements of the program
3. Coordinates ongoing case management activities that support the client in their efforts to remain at home and receive their health care services, and meet the program case management requirements
4. Collaborates with the CAP team to design and implement actions/interventions for the department/program specific outcomes
5. Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills that are effective in working with a variety of persons, including the client, family, care providers, co-workers, physicians and community agencies
6. Facilitates utilization management processes in a timely manner to assure cost effective services are provided to each client at the appropriate level of care
7. Acts as a psychosocial and family systems educational resource for clients, families and co-workers
8. Organizes and performs work responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and maintains and adjust schedule to enhance client care and team performance.
* Drivers License Class C
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: BSW or BA Degree from an accredited school of social work.
2. Licensure / Certifications: A valid driver’s license required. SW preferred.
3. Experience: A minimum of two (2) years experience in a diversified social work service agency or department including experience in individual, group, and family therapy. CAP Case management experience preferred. Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Word software. Basic knowledge of Medicaid and reimbursement concepts.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!