NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Cape Fear Heart Associates
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direct supervision of the Business Office Supervisor this employee is responsible for accurately posting charges of the practice, either by code scan or manually, in the computer system. Coding diagnoses not given in the ICD-9 format by practitioners. This person should also keep supervisor informed of any problems related to the job.
- Review encounter forms for accuracy and prepare forms to scan into system
- Scan encounter forms in batches for all locations, and correct any procedures, ICD-9, or other issues that code scan identifies as incorrect
- Post charges and payments manually for anything that cannot be scanned
- Accurately choose diagnosis codes utilizing ICD-9 book when diagnosis has been written out on the encounter form, including use of most specific diagnosis code
- Identify and log any incorrect diagnosis not meeting medical necessity guidelines of insurance carrier. Make duplicate copies of encounter forms, one for the compliance book and one for the appropriate provider and send back for complaint codes
- Correct codes as provided by practitioners
- Post any additional charges that the lab/providers send on Add On forms
- Run daily reports, balance and close the end of the day, verifying amounts are correct
- Put copies of encounters that are being held by the providers, in the binder provided. These are sent over to the department so they are not considered missing tickets
- Periodically go through both binders (compliance and “purple”) and take out any copies of encounters that have been posted
- Participate in weekly and monthly staff meetings to stay apprised of office policies and procedures. Provide suggestions for improvements in office procedures
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure / Certifications: none
Experience: Prior experience in a medical setting preferred
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!