NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - MRI
Full Time Equivalent: Fulltime
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR Shifts (Days or Nights open)
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under supervision of the Manager. Performs diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging procedures on patients as ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
1. Provides for patient physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
2. Performs magnetic resonance exams per established protocols.
3. Screens all patients and family members entering the Imaging Center per established protocols.
4. Reports changes in the patients to appropriate personnel for follow-up.
5. Transports patients as needed for all sections of the Radiology Department.
6. Provides all customers with information pertinent to their exams.
7. Completes examinations by documenting all appropriate procedural information.
8. Performs/documents QA and QC per section protocol.
9. Performs all duties necessary to ensure the harmonious operation of the MRI section.
10. Administers contrast media per established medication review protocols.
11. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Amer Registry MRI
* Magnetic Resonance Imaging
* Associate Degree
Experience: Previous MRI experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!