NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Continuing Ed for Hlth Profess
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direction of the Director of Practice Support Services. Performs a diverse variety of administrative, compliance, project and financial management responsibilities for the Practice Support Services Team using discretion, independent judgment, and senior level clerical skills to ensure outcomes that are consistent with accepted business practice. Has interactions with the team, regional practices, and other stakeholders.
1. Communicates effectively and appropriately, in written or verbal form, to a variety of requests from internal and external customers which includes SEAHEC and AHEC team members, external professionals, clients, and administrative staff.
2. Assist with managing routine grant deliverables to ensure compliance (i.e.: entering and formatting data into spreadsheets and updates to state database).
3. Helps maintain Practice Support Participation Agreements and Business Associate Agreements with participating entities and checks contracts for compliance.
4. Coordinates meeting arrangements and travel for director and team members to ensure efficient use of time. Assists with meeting preparations, reminders, and note taking at meetings.
5. Works with team to design and format relevant educational and marketing material for practices.
6. Manages office efficiently by: handling processing of paperwork in an orderly manner using adequate filing systems and maintaining contact database using electronic platforms.
7. Assist Director with tracking expenses (receipts) in grant spreadsheet, and ordering department supplies as needed.
8. Assist with workshop/education planning and post-evaluations using Survey Monkey and other platforms.
9. Complete gap analysis (excel spreadsheet) by entering practice data in tool.
10. Manage progress and performance tracking, measurement and evaluation.
11. Coordinates with special projects and other duties as assigned.
12. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
13. Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree, Associates degree in Communication, Business Administration, Project Management or related field OR High School diploma and 5 years’ experience in Project Management, Executive Assisting, Marketing, Education, or relevant experience.
2. Licensure / Certifications: none required
3. Experience: At least 2 years of experience in Project Management, Executive Assisting, Scheduling, Marketing and/or Education/Public Service. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook).
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!