Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Department: Volunteer Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Under the Supervision of the Director of Volunteer & Auxiliary Services, oversees interviewing, orienting and scheduling of new and experienced volunteers in accordance with NHRMC regulations. Responsible for working with department directors to address volunteer needs within assigned departments. Responsible for volunteer placements, follow-up and cross training. Manages/supervises an average of 300 active volunteers to maintain volunteer activity and effectiveness within assigned areas/departments.
1. Interviews, orients, trains, evaluates, monitors volunteers and encourages cross training. Stays in contact with assigned volunteers to maintain enthusiasm, fulfillment and retention with a heavy emphasis on follow-up and communication.
2. Assists the Director of Volunteer Services with the overall maintenance and operation of the assigned Volunteer Program in house and network wide.
3. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of network’s strategic plan in order to investigate and establish new areas of service throughout the hospital system.
4. Meets with assigned department directors to identify volunteer needs. Develops and implements strategy to meet those needs. Monitors effectiveness of departmental programs.
5. With guidance from director, answers special project requests system wide and places volunteers accordingly, both short- and long-term as needed.
6. Maintains adequate volunteer schedules for assigned volunteer areas. Secures substitutes for assigned areas/departments, as needed in house and system wide. Monitors and plans for seasonal volunteer fluctuations.
7. Is responsible for maintenance of quality customer service in assigned departments. If volunteer or staff member has a complaint or suggestion with regard to volunteer services, works closely with department director or manager to rectify situation. Informs director of volunteer services as appropriate.
8. Recommends and implements appropriate education for volunteers, as required by JC, HIPPA, network and other regulations. Coordinates continuing education records for volunteers in assigned departments.
9. Supports the Director of Volunteer Services regarding departmental costs. Is aware of budget and strategic plan. Structures program to meet budget and strategic goals.
10. Maintain adequate supplies for orientation, training and ongoing programs. Applications, manuals, business cards, service descriptions, badges, parking passes, off campus placement time cards and uniforms, and other supplies as needed.
11. Assists co-workers, volunteers, visitors and patients (as needed) to promote efficiency and a positive atmosphere.
* High School Diploma
* Bachelors Degree
Experience: Minimum 3 years volunteer oversight and coordination. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.