CAT Scan/Diagnostic Tech-PMH - Radiology
507 E Freemont St
Job ID: 5384
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Pender Memorial Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - 2nd Shift M-Th 1430 – 2300 and Friday 1030 – 1900
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Radiology manager. Performs diagnostic radiologic, portable, and diagnostic CT procedures ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
1. Performs quality radiographic and all diagnostic C.T. procedures per Radiologist protocol.
2. Provides for patient’s physical and emotional needs in a wide variety of circumstances.
3. Prepares, instructs, schedules for examinations.
4. Transports patients as needed for all sections of the Radiology Department.
5. Provides all customers with information pertinent to their exams.
6. Documents all appropriate paperwork relative to pertinent examination.
7. Performs / documents QA and QC per section protocols.
8. Administers contrast media per established medication review protocols
9. Prepares room, equipment, medical supplies, medicine and materials needed for procedures. Cleans room, equipment and restocks supplies.
10. Assists the manager in maintaining radiographic technique charts and quality improvements.
11. Attends 95% of all department meeting or reads and initials meeting minutes.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Advance Cert Comp Tomography
* Reg Tech Radiology Mammography
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1 year C. T. experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!