NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Surgical II
Full Time Equivalent: Full Time 3-12 Hours Shifts
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift between 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Professional Registered Nurse works under the direction of the Director, Manager or Designated Leader. Functions under that ANA Standards of Performance and adheres to the guidelines of the NCBON. The RN has responsibility and accountability for the provision of patient care. The RN communicates and coordinates the patient’s care in an interdisciplinary model. The RN manages and delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN applies critical thinking skills to resolve problems. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. See www.ncbon.com & www.nursingworld.org.
1. Performs nursing assessments to gather data and identify the patient’s needs for this episode of care per ANA standards and NCBON.
2. Coordinates and communicates patient care needs for discharge planning in interdisciplinary care conferences and with members of the health care team.
3. Develops and implements an individualized plan of nursing care with the patient and family that will address the patient’s and family’s identified needs and concerns.
4. Collaborates with physicians and other health team members in coordinating the plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes.
5. Implements and evaluates the patient’s response to care through assessment and reassessment and updates the plan of care.
6. Provides care based on established standards of practice, policies and protocols.
7. Ensures that patients are admitted, transferred and discharged in a timely and efficient manner.
8. Demonstrates leadership by providing information as a resource nurse, mentor and coach and delegator of nursing care activities.
9. Demonstrates critical thinking skills for problem solving and anticipating patient care needs.
10. Documents assessments, delivery of care and patient’s response to care in the medical record
11. Provides information and facilitates patient/family teaching.
12. Participates in performance improvement initiatives to improve processes and outcomes.
13. Demonstrates accountability for ongoing learning needs, completion of annual education requirements and competencies.
14. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: Experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!
Key Words: RN, Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, Novant Health, New Hanover Regional Medical Center, NHRMC, Surgical Services