NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Systems Infrastructure
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Systems Engineer I provides technical support to include: planning, installing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing assigned Infrastructure hardware, software, virtual and Cloud technologies that support core organizational functions. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues to maximize the benefits of organization investments. The Systems Engineer I position is responsible for specializing in at least one of the following areas: Pure/EMC Storage, Citrix, EPIC Client Server Management (ECSM), Active Directory, O365, AIX, Linux, or Vmware.
1. Plan, implement and support any of the following technologies: Vmware/Esxi, Pure/EMC Storage and BRS, AIX/Linux, Epic Client/Server applications (Epic ECSM), Active Directory, O365, and Windows server technologies and applications.
2. Work closely with the Solution Architect and Systems Engineer II to ensure that proposed and existing technologies are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
3. Work with the Solution Architect and other Systems Engineers to ensure the appropriate technologies are monitored to provide event, incident and problem management.
4. Develop, document, and communicate plans for investing in supported technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
5. Works with other infrastructure and applications teams to engineer systems/applications to accommodate the growth and integrity of the organization systems and applications.
6. Communicates effectively to provide optimal support of the organization’s Information Technology needs in a manner that promotes a professional climate.
7. Provides technical support by responding to Help Desk requests from end-users; defining priorities, answering questions and resolving problems. This support includes participating in the IS on-call rotation.
8. Troubleshoots problems with supported technologies and applications to provide resolution and root cause of issues.
9. Maintains knowledge of current technology.
10. Maintains up-to-date documentation and comprehensive inventory of all supported systems.
11. Works with technical support vendors to resolve systems issues and problems. Works closely within the team and with the IS Management to document levels of maintenance to include vendor contact, support contracts and or spare parts and or redundant system information and maintains the information.
12. Helps define and maintain standards, procedures and policies relating to supported technologies.
13. Implements and leads applicable Technology projects. Effectively communicates system/application upgrades and downtimes while escalating issues within the organization as needed.
14. Helps the Information Systems Manager project budgetary needs.
15. Assist in the review of all Change Control Requests submitted by IS teams in order to help gauge impact to and actions required by NHRMC staff.
* Associate Degree
1. Education: Bachelor's degree required. (Current employees who were hired or transitioned into this position before Mar 1, 2019 are grandfathered using the educational requirement in place at the time they were hired or transitioned into the core job title(s) of Systems Engineer I, IS AIX Administrator)
Systems Infrastructure – Systems Engineer I: Strong technical competency in the areas of enterprise Server, Storage, and Cloud infrastructure. Thorough working knowledge in the planning, installation, monitoring, and deployment of enterprise Server and Storage infrastructure. Basic working knowledge of LAN/WAN networking, networking support services, scripting, and Cloud computing preferred. Solid verbal and written communication skills along with a strong willingness of continuing education, growth, and implementation of evolving technologies required.
Licensure/Certifications: Preferred: Vmware Certified Professional, Pure Storage Foundation, IBM Certified System Administrator, Linux Foundation Certified SysAdmin, AWS SysOps Administrator, Microsoft Certified Solution Associate-Cloud Platform, EMC Information Storage Associate
Reports to: Systems Infrastructure Manager
Applications Infrastructure – Systems Engineer I: Strong technical competency in the areas of Active Directory, Citrix application deployment and infrastructure, or Epic (EHR) Client Systems Administrator roles. Thorough working knowledge of proactive monitoring solutions for these environments as well as group policy deployment. Knowledge of network/packet tracing tools for troubleshooting preferred. Solid verbal and written communication skills along with a strong willingness of continuing education, growth, and implementation of evolving technologies required.
Licensure/Certifications: Required: Applicable Epic/ECSM Certification (within 1 yr), Preferred: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Citrix Certified Associate or Professional
Reports to: Applications Infrastructure Manager
3. Experience: Minimum of two years relevant experience or three years’ progressive experience in a complex IT environment with demonstrated competency.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!