Environmental Svc Asst - Environmental Services
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 5327
Date Posted: Nov 24, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Environmental Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Environmental Services Coordinator. The Environmental Services Assistant cleans and serves patient, public, departmental and administration areas maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all areas.
1. Assemble cleaning supplies and equipment for transporting safely to designated area.
2. Must be able to perform routine and discharge patient rooms according to department standards.
3. Must be able to perform routine cleaning of all general area and public restrooms.
4. Must be proficient in removal and proper policy of separation of all types of hazardous waste and be able to share that knowledge.
5. Moves furniture for cleaning and meeting set-ups.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of hazardous chemicals and safe use of equipment reporting and malfunctions to coordinator.
7. Promotes customer satisfaction by scheduling cleaning function around patient needs and requests.
8. Must be able to properly demonstrate proficiency in all isolation policies and procedures.
* General Education Degree
Experience: None. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!