NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Neuro Step Down & Stroke Unit
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Coordinator works under the direction of the Manager, Director or Designated Leader. Manages daily patient care activities, personnel, and departmental operations. Regularly performs the job duties of a registered nurse to include all aspects of the nursing process. Is accountable for assuring quality outcomes and appropriate resource consumption. The coordinator will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. See www.ncbon.com & www.nursingworld.org.
1. Responsible for shift or specialty team operations, ensuring that policies, practices, procedures, and standards are followed in providing care. 2. Coordinates daily patient care activities, participates/leads daily patient care conferences. Ensures that patients are admitted, transferred and discharged in a timely and efficient manner. Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare team members in the development of the plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes. 3. Accepts a patient care assignment and provides care utilizing critical thinking skills with the nursing process. Performs nursing assessments to gather data and identify the patient’s needs for this episode of care per ANA standards and NCBON. 4. Assists in the development of department staffing schedules, edits ANSOS daily. 5. May review Kronos daily as delegated by department Manager. 6. Provides input for the development of departmental budgets, may review Visionware with the manager daily. 7. Rounds daily on patients, staff, doctors and waiting areas. Ensures that discharge phone calls are completed daily. 8. Assists in daily huddles around communication boards. 9. Provides education to staff, tracks adherence of all mandatory education and assists with staff development. 10. May assist with performance appraisals and/or middle performer conversations as directed by the management team. 11. Coaches/Counsels and recognizes staff for job performance. Gives input and tracks employees through 30 and 90 day periods. 12. Utilizes disciplinary action process following discussion with manager. 13. Participates in performance improvement initiatives and completes audits. 14. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs. 15. Performs moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1 year in clinical setting required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!