NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: IS Strategic Applications
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The ServiceNow Administrator maintains the stability and usability of the ServiceNow platform by performing application maintenance, customization, and development to provide for delivery of quality, scalable and efficient solutions in the platform. This currently includes the Asset Management, Incident, Problem, Change and Request modules within the ITSM platform, Demand, Resource and Project Portfolio Management modules within the ITBM platform, and Discovery within the ITOM platform. Future growth within the ITOM platform is planned. This role provides creative solutions to resolve business problems by reviewing and understanding customer requirements based on system capability, process gaps and cultural challenges. This role provides technical assistance with third party software integrations.
1. Manages and resolves incidents and requests against ServiceNow applications.
2. Answers “how-to” technical and application configuration questions.
3. Performs routine system maintenance to include performance monitoring and error identification and remediation.
4. Manages Instance Security, User/Group Access/Access Control Lists. This includes password maintenance, new user log-on and setup, file access permissions, and data protection procedures.
5. Creates technical work flows, business rules, user interfaces (UI) for pages, actions and polices within the software platform.
6. Build reports, gauges, homepages and dashboards as needed.
7. Schedules and verifies instance clones of production environments to the testing and qa environments.
8. Supports integration with internal and external systems that support real-time updates where appropriate including; data exchange, event and notifications, reporting and analytics, configuration discovery.
9. Identifies areas of process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness), recommending solutions that detail pros, cons and risks.
10. Facilitates diverse team discussions around requirements, design and implementation and on-going support. Aids in translating business requirements into technical requirements where necessary.
11. Utilizes custom scripting where necessary.
12. Assists in the development of activations plans, application activation tasks and production environment readiness to include required training and communication to the organization staff.
13. Manages system update set creation and migration to move system changes from testing and qa environments to the production environment.
14. Responsible for Servicenow annual upgrade planning and execution to include oversight of super user testing and training.
15. Responsible for making sure the organization stays within the required version standards to comply with the support requirements of ServiceNow.
16. Facilitates the roll out of new applications and modules to include the discussions around requirements, design, build, implementation, and on-going support.
17. Proactively communicates around status, risks, new ideas, with regards to implementation and support.
18. Logs, tracks and resolves issues as well as any software code modifications or enhancements.
19. Logs. Tracks, analyzes and coordinates system changes including any software code implementations.
20. Responsible for the coordination of the creation and maintenance of ServiceNow system documentation in a centralize place. Develops, documents and maintains procedures for the technical system maintenance processes within the ServiceNow Platform.
21. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the ServiceNow system.
22. Provide training and mentoring to organization staff as needed.
23. Attends platform meetings as needed.
24. Maintains relationship with ServiceNow vendors and acts as first point of contact regarding technical and licensing issues.
* Certified ServiceNow Admin
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in an Information Services or related business field preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Certified ServiceNow Administrator required within six months of hire. Additional ServiceNow product Line Courses and Certifications as applicable.
3. Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience; preferably with ServiceNow experience.
a. Proficient in IS processes to include but not limited to analysis, design, build, and testing, and change control.
b. Highly developed communication skills, including verbal, written and visual.
c. Ability to form complex communications in a simple, clear and concise manner.
d. Strong practical understanding of education and training methodologies
e. Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles
Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must have the ability to operate a computer, keyboard, and peripheral equipment.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!